It is recommended to always keep Mind Express up to date, both on your computer and on the Zingui. The update will NOT remove any existing documents, images, sounds or voices.
To install the update:
- Make sure you have a Zingui 1 device (serial number starts with ZG1). To install the update on a Zingui 2 device (serial number starts with ZG2), please look for the Zingui 2 update.
- Make sure that you are indeed using version 4 of Mind Express by going to File > License Info on the Zingui. The version number has to start with 4 (eg 126.96.36.1991). If your version number is lower, please contact us to update your Zingui.
- To update your device, please use the PC that you use to import/export your documents to/from the Zingui (if you want to use another PC, make sure ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center is installed on that PC)
- Connect the Zingui to your computer by using the provided USB cable.
- Download the Zingui 1 update here.
- Run the update (by selecting Run when downloading or by saving the file and double-clicking UpdateME4forZingui.exe)
- Depending on the security level of your computer, a prompt may appear. Click Yes to allow the updater to make modifications to your computer.
- Another prompt will ask you to make sure your Zingui is properly connected to your pc. If it is, click Yes.
- The update will be extracted and will start running automatically. Do not shut down your PC or Zingui while updating! The update will take at least 10 minutes and is finished when the message “Zingui will now restart to finalize the update…” appears.
If the update doesn’t display the above message (eg after 30 minutes), please close the Command window, reset your Zingui and restart the update.