Mind Express 5 has been through a profound change where the power of Mind Express 4 has been combined with an intuitive design. Although you can still find most of the features of Mind Express 4, some have changed slightly. One of them is the audio and video playlist.
Mind Express 4 allows you to create playlists with your favorite videos or music in your media library. In Mind Express 5, you can also create playlists, but the intermediate step of the media library disappears. Create a playlist using this step-by-step tutorial:
1. Go to the Windows Explorer of your computer.
2. Create a folder and/or navigate to the desired folder, in which you want to add music or videos.
Tips and tricks:
- If you have one user: choose the existing “Music” folder for music files and the existing “Videos” folder for video files.
- If you have multiple Mind Express users: create a music and/or video folder for the specific user.
3. Add your music or video files to this folder. This will create a playlist on your computer.
4. In your Mind Express portal, open the document in which you want to add and play these music or videos.
5. Choose “Menu” and “Edit” (or use shortkey F2).
6. Create cells in which you want to show the playlist.
- How many songs do you want to show at a glance? Create as many cells as you want.
Tip: you can edit several cells at the same time:
- in the edit panel > “Cell” > you open the “Multiple cells” drop down > and press the “Select” toggle, or
- press your Ctrl-key and click on the cells you want to edit.
- Add the action “Choose file” (category: “Audio & Video”) to these cells. In the action window:
- Click on the icon with “…” to browse.
- The “Select Folder” dialog box appears.
- Browse to the folder that contains the files (and possibly subfolders) the user should be able to select, select the folder and choose “OK“.
7. In user mode, a user selects:
- a cell with a file. It will then be played, or
- a subfolder, then its files will be shown in the other cells. The cell that was selected shows a return symbol. If the user selects this, the parent folder and its subfolders will be shown back in the cells.
Points of attention
- When exporting your document, the music and video folders in your Windows Explorer will not be exported. So copy the necessary video and/or photo folders yourself and place them manually on the other computer.
- After importing a music or video document, check whether the “Choose file” actions link to the correct folders on your computer.
In our manual or web help you can find further information about music & audio.